Webinars Help C-suite, Governance Leaders Make Decisions During Pandemic
Posted on July 10, 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, the MHA is hosting two webinars in July to assist healthcare leaders in planning for continued/future outbreaks and ensuring safe, evidence-based care for coronavirus patients.
Michigan is one of 40 states around the country that have reported a hike in new cases of COVID-19 in July. This news should prompt administrative and governing board leaders to immediately begin reflecting on the last several months of the pandemic and preparing for a potential second surge. To assist in these readiness activities, the webinar Crisis Standards of Care: Swift, Informed Decision Making in the Face of a Pandemic is being offered from 5 to 6 p.m. ET July 21. The webinar will:
- Review the fiduciary duty to plan for engaging in crisis standards of care (CSC).
- Outline the CSC framework, including the legal authority and ethical considerations, implementation of clinical processes and operations, and the development of indicators and triggers.
- Provide examples of coordination across hospitals, public health, emergency management and public safety.
- Discuss the challenges of public engagement.
- Share the experience of a hospital on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic and how leadership triaged patient care and shored-up response preparation.
The CSC webinar is available free of charge, but members must register to receive dial-in instructions.
To support leaders and boards in using high-reliability concepts to ensure patients receive the right diagnosis and evidence-based treatment during COVID-19, the MHA and the Texas Hospital Association Foundation are hosting the webinar Bringing High Reliability to the Workplace and Bedside in the Midst of a Pandemic. Scheduled from 1 to 2 p.m. ET July 14, the webinar will review the use of high-reliability concepts to not only improve care, but to build patient trust and a better experience. This webinar is available free of charge via Zoom, and participants may register shortly before the presentation.
For more information on either of these offerings, contact Erin Steward at the MHA.
Posted in: Member News