The MHA will host workplace safety training, Techniques for Effective Aggression Management, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at several locations across the state. Participants will:
- Recognize factors and hazards that can contribute to aggression or violence.
- Identify threats and take appropriate responses.
- Use effective strategies to enhance communication and build relationships.
- Apply the TEAM® Aggression CycleSM technique to verbally de-escalate and manage volatile situations.
- Employ progressive behavior control methods, which are discussed in accordance with The Joint Commission and CMS restraint and seclusion guidelines.
The four-hour training is interactive, engaging participants in simulations, and is based on real healthcare experiences. TEAM®, developed by the MHA Service Corporation’s Endorsed Business Partner, HSS.
Who Should Attend: All clinical staff and staff involved in safety and security, risk management, emergency preparedness, and patient safety; professional support staff and volunteers. Maximum of 30 registrants per location.
Confirmations for Attendance: Registration is available online via the MHA Member Portal. Credit card payment is required to complete registration. Confirmation of your registration will be sent automatically via the MHA Member Portal. Contact Erica Leyko at (517) 323-3443 if you have not received confirmation or have any questions.
Registration fee: $100 per person
This training is also offered on the following dates:
March 5, 2019 – CMU College of Medicine, Covenant Healthcare, 1632 Stone St., Saginaw
March 6, 2019 – Mackinac Straits Health System, 1140 N. State St., Saint Ignace
March 7, 2019 – Staybridge Suites, 855 W. Washington St., Marquette