Posted on August 23, 2017
Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Department: Graphic and Print Services
Reports To: Manager, Print & Graphic Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for preparing accurate print estimates for internal and external clients by gathering information and analyzing customer needs. Works closely with vendor representatives to ensure adequate inventory of stock as well as general office supplies. Must be organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Works closely with accounting to ensure proper invoicing. Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the MHA; provides excellent service to internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Customer service representative duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understand print and paper programs/contracts
- Improve on estimating systems, tools and existing pricing benchmarks
- Excellent communication with customers & coworkers regarding print orders
- Ability to work exceptionally well under pressure and on time handling multiple projects within a fast-paced environment
- Prints and assembles orders immediately after entry within given guidelines
- Prepares quotation requests and provides presentable estimates for both internal and external clients as required
- Monitors paper usage to improve on waste and profitability
- Analyze job specifications to ensure all required information for calculating cost is included, communicating with customer service department for clarification as required
- Compile data and analyze results of job cost studies to determine accuracy of estimating standards, develop, institute and delegate corrective actions where needed
- Calculate total costs for both proposed and actual jobs to include comparison of quantities and more efficient production processes
- Attend daily meetings to discuss jobs and clients, Provide input & job progress
- Utilizes credit card program to authorize payment on appropriate orders
- Responsible for continually developing product knowledge including specials and pricing
- Communicates customer complaints or inquiries to appropriate person to achieve customer resolution in a timely manner, including writing credits when needed
- Provides basic tech support for customers using web
- Distributes orders in a timely manner within established guidelines
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service – Assesses and interprets customer needs; Meets quality standards for services; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Project Management - Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Conserves organizational resources.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent (GED); A minimum of one to three years related experience and/or training in a print shop setting; Experience with Acrobat Pro and basic document handling; Very experienced in a Windows based computer environment on a network using Microsoft Office components (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook); Must have basic knowledge of accounting principles.
Work Environment & Hazards
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Special Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee must have the ability to work at computer for prolonged periods of time.
Some travel is required, approximately 10% of the time. Travel is most often within MidMichigan.
If this position is of interest to you, click the contact button below.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified. This position is in FLSA category "Non-Exempt". MHA has the right to revise this Position Description at any time. The Position Description is not a contract for employment and either the employee or the Company may terminate employment at any time for any reason.