Posted on April 21, 2017
Job Title: Coordinator, Patient Safety & Quality
Department: MHA Keystone Center
Reports To: Director, Patient Safety & Quality
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position, in alignment with the mission, vision and core values (teamwork, innovation, compassion and excellence) of the MHA Keystone Center, is responsible for providing administrative and management support, by helping hospitals to achieve the highest performance levels in quality and patient safety through the implementation of evidence-based practices. Activities will include data coordination and analysis; coaching hospital teams and providing customer service support; implementation of evidence-based practices; and scheduling and facilitation of webinars, regional and statewide learning sessions, and site visits with clinical experts, research teams, and participating hospital project teams. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing appropriate project specific timelines and events and ensuring the timely completion of tasks, working in partnership with MHA Keystone Center staff. The coordinator will work closely with staff members throughout the MHA, and will provide input to the development of processes and materials, i.e., toolkits, publications, and presentations. This position works in partnership with various organizations, including government agencies, third party payers, and healthcare personnel.
- Actively contribute to the successful achievement of department objectives through effective team involvement and proactive communication and collaboration.
- Coach hospital teams on implementation of evidence-based practices, patient safety, and quality improvement principles as well as proactively working to engage members in submitting data.
- Use a high level of organizational skills to manage initiatives, timetables and implementations.
- Correspond with members to direct and coordinate the activities of multiple hospitals, to positively communicate and work with professionals at all levels of the healthcare organization.
- Analyze data to identify improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate with the data team and/or clinical experts/faculty members on analysis of data and development of reports and abstraction guides.
- Provide customer service with members through prompt support, follow up and resolution ownership to member inquires.
- Develop project materials including toolkits, publications, and presentations and perform webbased research.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ideal candidate will have one to two years of experience in clinical performance measurement, healthcare quality and patient safety issues or epidemiology/infection control. Knowledge of related healthcare trends, new developments and terminology desired.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships is essential.
- Effective communication skills, flexibility and positive attitude.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive personality and possess the initiative and passion for driving project results. Ability to lead, work with teams, be part of a team, and understand team dynamics.
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite software programs is required.
Work Environment and Hazards:
Office environment with no known hazards.
Special Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee must have the ability to work at computer for prolonged periods of time.
Some travel is required, including overnights, approximately 15-20% of the time. Travel is most often within Michigan but may be throughout the country.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to the ongoing professional development, health and well-being of our staff and their families. The benefits we provide are meant to help maintain a good quality of life, both professionally and personally.
If this position is of interest to you, click the contact button below.
Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.