This full-day course is tailored to healthcare professionals who wish to increase their knowledge of the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process. The training will be administered by Jim Bagian, MD, PE, University of Michigan, and is based off of the National Patient Safety Foundation’s (NPSF) RCA²: Improving Root Cause Analyses and Actions to Prevent Harm guidelines. Participants will learn about identifying and classifying events, assembling an RCA² team, steps and tools for analysis, measuring effectiveness, and process sustainability. For more information, please see the RCA² Training Overview.
Breakfast and lunch included.
Registration details coming soon.
This program has been approved for a total of 10.00 contact hours of Continuing Education credit toward fulfillment of the requirements of ASHRM designations of FASHRM (Fellow) and DFASHRM (Distinguished Fellow) and towards CPHRM renewal.
Criteria for Completion and/or Obtaining Continuing Education Hours:
- Register for the event
- Check-in at the LIVE training
- Attend the LIVE training (7.00 hours)
- Attend the online webinar (1.00 hours)
- Complete and submit RCA report using the NextPlane portal (2.00 hours)
- Complete the online evaluation survey
- Log-in and choose the continuing education opportunity in the MPHI CE portal system
Inn at Bay Harbor
3600 Village Harbor Drive
Bay Harbor, Michigan 49770