Location: Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, Grand Rapids
The MHA Excellence in Governance Fellowship is a nine-month educational offering for those serving on governing boards of hospitals, health systems and other healthcare organizations. This session is open to fellows enrolled in the 2016-2017 Class. Applications for the next class of fellows will be accepted beginning in the spring.
The fellowship includes four sessions throughout the year. At this meeting, fellows will cover the information in Session Three.
Session Three - Hospital and Medical Staff Strategic Partnerships
Explore and discover the defining principles of positive relationships with hospital medical staff. Fellows will gain a better understanding of:
- The changing competitive landscape for physicians and hospitals
- The interdependence of physician, executive and board leadership to improving health and patient experience and reducing cost
- The crucial role of physician leadership and how to support it
- How to facilitate physician alignment
- Legal responsibilities under federal and state law
- Employment, joint venture and other compensation models for physician services
- Working with physician leadership to manage credentialing and privileging
For more information, contact Erin Steward at the MHA.