Chief executives and trustees will meet together for the MHA staff briefings.
8:30 - 9 a.m.
Welcome, Introduction and MHA Overview
Clark Ballard, senior vice president, Member Relations & Education, MHA
MHA Strategic Outlook
Brian Peters, CEO, MHA
Chris Mitchell, senior vice president, Advocacy, MHA
MHA Keystone Center
Brittany Bogan, CPPS, vice president, Patient Safety & Quality, MHA
At this time CEOs and trustees will break into separate groups. Trustees registered to participate in the governance education session will reconvene at 11 a.m.; for those not registered, the orientation is concluded.
Governance Education Session
Share Your Story:
- The hospital’s mission statement
- The size of the board
- Representation on the board (hospital leadership, physicians, board members)
- The board’s committee structure
- The frequency of board meetings
- Board term limits
- What would make you a better board member? Share one area where you’d like to be more informed
Noon - 12:30 p.m.
12:30 - 3 p.m.
Being an Effective Trustee: Roles, Responsibilities & Leadership
Stacy Cantu, Vice President/Chief Governance Officer, Texas Health Resources, Austin